Brossard, Quebec – TheNewswire – January 27, 2021 – Windfall Geotek (TSXV:WIN) (OTC:WINKF), a mining services company and a leader in the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and advanced knowledge-extraction techniques since 2005 in the mining sector, is pleased to announce that the Company has been commissioned by Go Metals Corp (“Go Metals”; TSX.V: GOCO) to deploy our proprietary CARDS Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) system. The contract will identify prospective copper-silver targets on the IOCG over Go Metals project located in the Yukon (Figure 1) and the contract is valued at $60,000 CAD.
About Go Metals Monster Project:
The Monster project covers 68.5 km2 over the Wernecke Breccia, a hematitic breccia belt of similar style and age as IOCG deposits on Southern Australia such as the Carrapateena and Olympic Dam. Windfall Geotek will use the following data provided from Go Metals:
- – 2018 Magnetic-Radiometric survey data at 19m resolution database.
– Rock samples database (206).
– Drillhole database (171 projected drillhole Cu & Ag assays) and interpreted remote sensing lineaments, faults, and contacts data.
– This data will be then merged into a dataset (621 variables & 194 882 datapoints) to proceed to the copper-silver potential analysis with CARDS AI system.
Jaap Verbaas, Vice President exploration for Go Metals comments: ” Working with Windfall Geotek allows us to accelerate our project while generating high-probability targets during the low season for field work. We are already partnered with Windfall Geotek on the Ashanuipi project where we have great targets identified by CARDS and we have lots of interest to see what they can do on our Monster project in Yukon. I am a strong believer that AI is a valuable tool for mineral exploration. AI allows for targeting without ground disturbance, mobilization cost, or weather requirements. We have collected excellent data and I am convinced our drill targeting will benefit from CARDS. We look forward to working with Windfall and to our follow-up groundwork on Monster.”
Figure 1: The Monster Project in Yukon Canada
Windfall Geotek CARDS analysis identifies areas of high exploration potential using several techniques listed below:
- – Algorithms analyze each layer (Figure 2) of information for every drill hole/rock/soil sample and data site to create a unique signature for the mineralization that is being sought (gold, copper, kimberlites etc.).
– The MCubiX data mining engine (with numerous supporting algorithms) analysis recognizes patterns of information among drill holes and other sample media. The system uses these algorithms to find new patterns that are often not recognized by the naked eye.
– CARDS analysis identifies locations of the new mineralization signature in the exploration area. Predictions are given a cell rating by percentage.
– Millions of spatial data points and their relationships are analyzed, which a human brain cannot do as efficiently and quickly as a computer (Figure 3).
– The CARDS System becomes trained and “cross validates” each model that CARDS generates. The cell rating percentage “weeds out” unwanted (low percentage cells) targets, leaving only the highest probability areas for the discovery of mineralization. In some regions this may be as low as 5% of total original project area (Figure 2).
Michel Fontaine, President and CEO of Windfall Geotek commented: “We are pleased to have added another contract, this time in Yukon to collaborate with Go Metals. This is our first contract in Yukon, and we are extremely confident given the high quality of the data that the results will generate high probability targets. Our AI tool is exceptionally efficient when it comes to base metals and we expect to see the results reflect that in the context of the Monster project. We are confident Go Metals will benefit from our CARDS AI targeting and this contract will generate a great ROI for both companies’ shareholders.”
Figure 2: By combining various data types, data utilization is optimized, and prediction is maximized.
The scientific and technical data contained in this press release was reviewed and prepared under the supervision of Grigor Heba, Ph.D., P.Geo., Principal Geologist and a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
About Windfall Geotek – Powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) since 2005
Windfall is an Artificial Intelligence company that has been in business for over 15 years developing its proprietary CARDS analysis (AI) and data mining techniques. Windfall Geotek can count on a multidisciplinary team that includes professionals in geophysics, geology, Artificial Intelligence, and mathematics. It combines available public and private datasets including geophysical, drill hole and surface data. The algorithms designed and employed by Windfall are calculated to highlight areas of interest that have the potential to be geologically similar to other gold deposits and mineralization. The Company’s objective is to develop a new royalty stream by significantly enhancing and participating in the exploration success rate of mining and to continue the Land Mine detection application as a high priority. Windfall has played a part in numerous past discoveries utilizing its methodology as described at: https://windfallgeotek.com/.
For further information, please contact:
Additional information about the Company is available under Windfall Geotek’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor does its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: This news release contains forward-looking statements, which relate to future events or future performance and reflect management’s current expectations and assumptions. Such forward-looking statements reflect management’s current beliefs and are based on assumptions made by and using information currently available to the Company. Investors are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, and they are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ materially from those expected. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof and, except as required under applicable securities legislation, the Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances. All forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements and by those made in our filings with SEDAR in Canada (available at WWW.SEDAR.COM).
Copyright (c) 2021 TheNewswire – All rights reserved.